Seer of All Things, Fate’s Scribe, The Eye of Time, Keeper of the Sands
Symbol: An open eye with an hourglass as the pupil
Alignment: True Neutral
Portfolio: Inevitability, Fate, and Time
Domains: Fate, Healing, Death, Time
Favored Weapon: Net
Work In Progress: Flavor text
- Take the Long View (Geas): As devotees to the god of time and fate, the Chosen of Soripen are required to look at things (and preach) from a much greater point of view that their immediate circumstances or needs.
- DO: play devil’s advocate, pointing out the wider consequences and implications of potential actions
- DO NOT: forget (or let anyone else forget) that death is the natural fate of everything, to make room for new life
- Reluctant to Act (Penalty): Soripen hesitates, always waiting for the mists of fate to part further before committing to decisive action. Because of this the Chosen suffers a penalty to initiative rolls equal to half his effective level (minimum 1).
- You Can’t Fight Fate (Responsive Effect): The future is a hard thing to see and understand, and Soripen’s Chosen know this better than anyone but perhaps Soripen. The pressure to correctly interpret what is to come weighs heavily upon them. Whenever a Chosen of Soripen participates in a plan that fails, he becomes despondent, depressed at his failure to properly foresee the correct path. To avoid becoming depressed, he must make a Wisdom check versus DC15 + half his effective level. (Add +5 to this DC if the failure was the Chosen‘s fault and a cumulative +5 if the plan that failed was produced in large part by the Chosen.) Once depressed the character cannot take standard actions, and moves at half speed. The depression lifts after an hour, or (with a successful Wisdom check) when an unexpected turn of events changes the situation to the Chosen’s favor.