Keeper of The Way
Symbol: A hammer and an axe, covered where they meet with a complex and colorful knot
Alignment: True Neutral
Portfolio: Propriety and Community
Domains: Artifice, Family, Trade
Favored Weapon: Battleaxe
Work In Progress: Flavor text
- Restraint is a Virtue (Geas): Society only thrives when all follow The Way; Brögen expects her Chosen to be its exemplars.
- DO: act as a paragon of discretion, politesse, and propriety
- DO NOT: indulge in anything that would dull your senses or distract you, such as wine or spirits, hallucinogens, or delights of the flesh
- Unfailingly Polite (Penalty): Brögen embodies the politesse and respect for others that greases the wheels of decent society; thus her clerics have trouble being impolite or disrespectful to others. All Intimidate checks and Sleight of Hand checks made by a Chosen of Brögen suffer a penalty equal to half of his effective level (minimum 1).
- Where Are Your Manners? (Responsive Effect): Although Brögen knows that living The Way is something that few will be able to do perfectly, there are some who completely eschew the bounds of civilized behavior. Brögen often finds it necessary to educate such individuals upon their failings. When a Chosen of Brögen is presented with impolite, rude, or socially unacceptable behavior, he will be shocked into lecturing those in violation of The Way on their breaches of etiquette, and present lessons on more appropriate behavior. To avoid giving such a lecture the Chosen must make a Wisdom check versus DC15 + half his effective level. (Add +5 to this DC if the violation is particularly egregious and a cumulative +5 if the violation is directed towards the cleric or another individual that is particularly deserving of respect.) A Chosen shocked into lecture will stand speechless for 1d4 rounds gaping and sputtering (unable to take standard actions); once the speechlessness ends, he will begin lecturing the violator at length on the philosophy of The Way, why their actions were violations of The Way, and the best method of curing such violations in the future. If necessary, the Chosen will be moved to subdue the violator in order to deliver this lecture. The lecture will end after ten minutes per violation, or (with a successful Wisdom check) when the violator sincerely apologizes or manages to appear remorseful or chagrined.